Thursday, August 12, 2010

i have never thought of "knitting" back then...

hello, my name is "tomomi". i just started this blog site... funny thing is that i'm not "writing" kind of person. so why blog? please be easy to my spelling... LOL
i'm designer and knitter of my clothing line for over 10 years. i did never thought of being knitter nor designing clothes. my mom was good at sewing and knitting.so she showed me how to knit when i was small.. but, not like "teaching". i made some scarf ..that's all. iwas very crafty kid. but, i was more into painting and other art project. so i went art college. not fashion. long story short ( i know nobody wanna listen to my life story.. LOL). i was living in london though my youth . after college i moved to america. have been living in L.a since. i had a chance to open my store ( it's very long story...). i was selling clothes like mods and punk fav. no knit wear yet. one of my good friend had this beanie he love to wear everyday. one day, he asked me if i can fix his beanie.. i had ne been knitting since when i was small . so i tol him that i would try.. i didn't even have any knitting needl then. my room mate back then had one. that was the start of everything...i knew i could knit... but, it was not easy at all. afterall, i made a mess on fixing his beanie..i ruined it. lol
he was sooo sad. i felt really bad. well, i decided to make one for him. i looked at his half riuned beanie... tried to figure out....took days for me to finally made one. i used yarns from his beanies. it looked ok.. acually he really loved one i made. he really did. after that lot of his skater friends were on their way to ask me to make one... i got yarns more... started making beanies for my store as well.months had gone by. i was getting orders from other stores and my beanies were getting really popular.  all those heavy hitters to skaters started coming to my " punk rock" store for their beanies. it was very funny time.
any way that's where i started my knitting. and sure i was getting into more.... oops i have to go to a meeting with my client right now... so i'll get back to tell you more... my famous " Mohair Jumpers" for next.  later!  cheers, tomomi 

No comments:

Post a Comment